Monday, August 13, 2012

Guts by Gary Paulsen

The book I am reviewing is Guts by Gary Paulsen. It is an autobiography. It is about how many of the challenges Brian faces in many of Gary Paulsen’s other books such as Hatchet, Brian’s Winter, Brian’s Hunt and many more, have actually happened to him,and how he survived through these dangerous survival situations. I really liked this book and I also learned a lot of new things about survival.

One of my favorite quotes from this book is “I am living now on a sailboat in the Pacific Ocean and it is grand and beautiful and challenging, and full of mystery and, sometimes, deadly.” Kirkus Reviews says “It’s a patchwork, but an entertaining one, and as likely to win him new fans as to answer questions from his old ones.” The recommended reading age is 10-13,and this book has not won any awards. I think anyone who has read any of Gary Paulsens books should read this book to find out about this fascinating old author.

Recommended by Ross Wedewer

No comments:

Post a Comment