Monday, August 13, 2012

Love, Aubrey by Suzanne LaFleur

What would you do it you were eleven years old and your mom left you
home along for weeks? Would you call someone to let then know that
your mother left you? I know that I would but in in the book Love, Aubrey
by Suzanne LaFleur, Aubrey a eleven year old girl gets abandoned
by her mother one morning. Her mother leaves while she is sleeping
so Aubrey has no idea where she went or why she went. Aubrey
does not call or tell anyone that she is staying home alone. Then, her
grandmother unexpectedly comes to Aubrey’s house to see Aubrey
and her mom. When Aubrey’s grandmother finds out that Aubrey’s
mother isn’t there, she calls the police to look for her and she takes
Aubrey home to live with her. Read this book to find out if they ever find
Aubrey’s mom. If they find her....Where did she go? Why did she go?
Love, Aubrey has not won any awards.

The recommended reading age is for ages 9 and up. Another book that LaFleur wrote is Eight Keys. If you read the book 11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass, you will love
this book. A quote that I really like was part of the beginning. It said, “I
made all of my own meals. Crackers and cheese three times a day. I
watched whatever I wanted on TV all day.” Sarah Weeks, author of So
B. It, said, “LaFleur has a rare gift- an authentic middle grade voice.
Aubrey’s story is told with emotion, humor and best of all, love!” Booklist
said, “LaFleur proved she is an author to watch in this debut novel.” I
recommend this book to everyone!

Recommended by Brooke Kluesner

No comments:

Post a Comment